Our practice hosts the following services and clinics:
- Additional InformationAntenatal clinics are run by the midwife at the Surestart Centre Meadowside School in Burton Latimer. Your doctor will refer you to the midwife when your pregnancy is confirmed. Alternatively, if you perform a positive home pregnancy test, you may make your own appointment to see the midwife. Telephone reception to make your booking.
- Additional InformationThese clinics are run by the practice nurse qualified in this field. We offer regular review of treatment and instruction in inhaler use and self-help.
- Additional InformationYou will be invited via letter to attend your cervical screening. Upon receipt of the letter please telephone the surgery and make an appointment with the practice nurse.
Child Health Clinics
- Additional InformationThese are run by the health visitor on a Friday morning. You can have your baby weighed and discuss baby's progress, your child's developmental routine reviews and any problems you may have. Please contact your health visitor to arrange an appointment.
- Additional InformationThese clinics are run by the practice nurse qualified in this field. All diabetic patents on our register are invited for annual checks. Regular review of diabetic control is encouraged, as good control of diabetes helps avoid long-term complications.
- Additional InformationIf you need to have your ears irrigated, please book in with a Nurse Practitioner and they will give you some self care advice and a consent form for you to make an appointment with a practice nurse.
Family Planning and Contraception
- Additional InformationContraception and family planning advice appointments are available with the practice nurses.
Emergency contraception is available after discussion with a doctor or nurse.
- Additional InformationDr Spencer is qualified to perform certain surgical procedures in our specially equipped minor operations suite. Your doctor will advise you where this may be appropriate.
- Additional InformationIf eligible, you will be contacted via letter or text message.
An NHS Health Check offers a simple health review including cholesterol testing.
- Additional InformationPrivate medical examinations can be performed by the doctors at the surgery for which a fee is payable. These include insurance, HGV, PSV, pre-employment and sports medical examinations. Other private services include holiday cancellation and 'fitness to travel' forms. Details of fees are available from reception.
- Additional InformationThis service is obtained either via a referral from the doctor or by self-referral to the hospital. Appointments are sent directly to the patient by the physiotherapy department at Kettering General Hospital. A private physiotherapist also operates from the surgery.
Stop Smoking Clinic
- Additional InformationFor patients wishing to stop smoking, we would recommend the NHS Stop Smoking Service on 0845 601 3116.
Your local Chemist can also offer you advice on how to stop smoking.
- Additional InformationA service called 'Changing Minds' is offered at this surgery. Your doctor can offer to refer you to a specially trained nurse who can see you at the surgery. Your doctor can offer to refer you to a specially trained nurse who can see you at the surgery to help with a range of issues related to mental wellbeing.
To attend one of these clinics please ring our reception on 01536 723566.